Portugal Angel Visa
- Real Estate Investment-
- Non Refundable Donation-
- Mix Investment-
- Time to get the Residency4 Months
- Time to get the Passport5 Years
- Visa Free CountriesSchengen area (26 countries)
Portugal is a popular destination for immigrants with a warm climate, good food and high-quality services. More than 662,000 (around 6.5% of the total) of its population is originally foreign-born. Most expats live in the bigger cities such as Lisbon, Faro, Setubal, and Porto. There are also many Chinese and Europeans, particularly from the UK, Ukraine, and France.
There are different visa programs to receive Portugal residency among which Portugal Angel Visa is one of the most cost-effective. This program provides an opportunity for the non-European high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) to get Portugal residency visa and eventually become citizens of this country and EU.
Portugal Angel Visa currently also known as “Portugal Highly Qualified Activity Visa” is a win-win situation for all parties. It bestows the immediate and permanent advantages for the country and freedom of travel and quality life for the investors. The applicants can eventually apply for Portugal Passport.
General Requirements for Portugal Residency via Angel Visa
- Being at least 18 years old,
- Having clear criminal records throughout the world,
- Taking one business trip to Portugal in order to activate the residency under Angel Visa,
- Providing business documents,
- Proving the legal source of the investment.
Steps to Acquire Portugal Angel Visa (Portugal Highly Qualified Activity Visa)
Step one: Planning the Strategy
As the first step, the mobility counsel informs the HNWI about Portugal Angel Visa terms and conditions and introduces the HNWI to the Empowered Startups. Through consecutive videoconference meetings between the HNWI and the Empowered Startups executives, they agree on a general path of the new venture. HNWI hires the Empowered Startups to begin work on their behalf. It merely costs 175,000 Euros to invest for Angel Visa.
Step Two: Receiving Residency Visa
Empowered Startups then starts preparing the key visa documents including:
- A strategic plan for the HNWI’s venture.
- The Empowered Startups letter of support.
- The letter of intent to sign contract with public R&D (Research and Development) people.
The competitive advantage of this program: All fees will be refunded in case the Residency Visa gets refused at this stage.
Step three: Traveling to Portugal
The HNWI will travel to Portugal for the pre-arranged immigration appointment. The Empowered Startups finalize the incubation strategic plan with the HNWI and meet their R&D partners. The 3-year Empowered Startups concierge incubation program begins at this point and will keep the HNWI informed about the progress the entire time.
Step Four: Monitoring Progress
Based on progress reports from Empowered Startups, the HNWI will provide the strategic direction. HNWI receives the documents to support permit renewals from Empowered Startups at the end of the third year.
Step 5: Time to enjoy the benefits
When the final renewal is required (before PR/Portugal citizenship), HNWI decides about the future of their company now emerging from the incubation. 24 months after the second renewal, HNWI decides whether to apply for PR, Portugal citizenship or Portugal Passport.
The Differences between Portugal Angel Visa and other Residency Programs
In several key ways The Portugal Angel Visa differs from other existing programs:
Clear path to Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- No minimum stay required.
- Fast-processing: the approval procedure takes 4 months.
- Being accompanied through the permit renewals before the Permanent Residency/Portugal Citizenship.
More flexible than the Start-Up Visa Program
- No quotas.
- No quarterly government reports – No business performance requirements.
More cost effective than the Golden Visa Program
- 25% of the total cost of Golden Visa.
- No ongoing operational or maintenance fees – Fully refundable if residency visa refused.
- Without mandatory investment in real estate, the applicants can apply for Portugal Passport upon fulfillment of the program’s requirements.
Smooth transition to a professional base of operations in Portugal
- 3-year business incubation, from the business concept creation to product/market fit opportunities.
- R&D project with a public research facility creates an IP and identifies potential local staff.
- Professional integration through a business incubator.
- Concierge-style management of the start-up operations and administration.
Portugal Angel Visa Benefits
- It is quick. The investor receives EU second residency in less than 4 months,
- There is no need to attend in person to renew the residency,
- The program provides the opportunity to stay and study in Schengen countries,
- It increases the mobility and the freedom to travel anywhere in Schengen area,
- There is no need to invest in real state,
- It is cost-effective (with an investment of €175,000 inclusive all professional service fees),
- It is highly reliable because of being essentially co-created in partnership with the Portuguese government,
- Full intellectual property (IP) ownership is generated for the investor as the R&D project founder,
- The possibility for the investor’s children to benefit from world-class educational institutions in Portugal.
Portugal Investment Opportunities
From 280,000 Euros
Covered: From 64.66 sqm
Covered: From 110 sqm – From 465.000 Euro
Covered: From 67 sqm – From 250.000 Euro
Investment of 350,000 Euro
Covered: From 38.76 Sqm – From 270,000 Euro
Covered: From 64 sqm
CBF’s high experienced specialists offer you professional help on different Investment options and how to obtain Portugal Citizenship and Residency by Investment. We customize the best solution for you and your family based on your specific situation and requirement. To get started please contact one of our consultants in the UAE, Denmark or Canada, and we will do our utmost to guide you through your Investment and your Portugal Angel Visa or Portugal Golden Visa process.
CBF’s high experienced offer you professional help on different Investments and how to obtain Portugal Residency and Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa). We customize the best solution for you and your family based on your specific situation and requirement. To get started please contact one of our advisers in the UAE, Denmark or Canada, we will do our outmost to guide you through your Portugal Residency Permit process.
Subscribe to this newsletter for the latest news on obtaining Portugal Citizenship and Residency by Investment