Portugal Passive Income Visa (Portugal D7 Visa)
- Real Estate Investment-
- Non Refundable Donation-
- Mix Investment-
- Time to get the Residency4 - 6 Months
- Time to get the PassportAfter 5 years
- Visa Free CountriesSchengen area (26 countries)
Portugal, due to a favorable investment climate, clear and transparent tax rules, a stable political and social environment, and an excellent quality of life, has been the leading destination for individuals and families seeking residence within the European Union for many years.
Portugal offers applicants various types of visas including Schengen visa, Work visa, Tech visa, Start-up visa, Study visa,Portugal Golden visa, D2 visa, and finally D7 visa.
Here, we will completely introduce Portugal Passive Income visa, its requirements, benefits, and procedures. Portuguese Passive Income Visa is among the most affordable options to obtain Portugal residency.
Portugal Passive Income Visa Introduction (D7 Visa)
Portugal D7 Visa, also known as Passive Income Visa, offers residency to non-EU citizens who seek to relocate to Portugal with their own regular and sufficient funding and income during their stay in this country.
Portugal Passive Income Visa is suitable for entrepreneurs, freelancers, remote workers, business owners, and pensioners who desire to live in Portugal without making an economic investment.
In other words, those foreign citizens, regardless of age and with a recognized stable income, such as rental income, real estate, financial investments, and movable property can apply for D7 Visa, known as Portuguese Passive Income Visa, to get a Residency Permit.
The D7 Visa is much faster and more cost-effective than any other Portuguese visas.
General Requirements for Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa)
- Applicant must have a minimum age of 18,
- Be a non-EU national,
- Hold no criminal records,
- Have recognized and sufficient monthly income to support yourself and your family during your stay in Portugal,
- Show a residence address in Portugal,
- Spend at least 185 days a year or not to be absent from Portugal for longer than 6 months during the first 2-year period in Portugal.
- The applicants are allowed to include the following dependent family members within their application:
- A spouse (or partner),
- A minor or incapacitated child,
- Single children older than 18 studying in an educational establishment in Portugal,
- Dependent parents and parents-in-law,
- Minor siblings (legally under the care of the main applicant).
Procedure of applying for Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa)
- Receiving Tax number
- Opening Bank Account
- Submitting the required documents to related Portugal Authorities,
- Apply for the temporary D7 Visa from your home country,
- Attend your SEF appointment and enroll biometric data,
- Get your D7 Residency Visa(Portuguese Passive Income Visa).
Required documents to obtain Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa)
- D7 application form,
- Your passport or other travel document,
- Valid travel insurance,
- Tax number,
- Proof of accommodation to live in Portugal,
- Proof of a recognized regular or passive income,
- Proof of eligibility for applying residency of Portugal,
- Criminal Record consultation by Portuguese Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF),
- Criminal background check issued by the applicant home country or the country where he/she resided for more than one year.
Income requirements to obtain Portugal D7 Visa
To be eligible for Portugal Passive Income Visa, the applicants must prove enough income for living in Portugal as mentioned in the following:
- The main applicant: Monthly 700 EUR or Yearly 10,000 EUR,
- Spouse of the main applicant: Monthly 350 EUR or Yearly 5,000 EUR,
- For any dependent children below or above 18 years: Monthly 250 EUR or Yearly 3,000 EUR.
Benefits of Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa)
- Live, work, and study in Portugal,
- Fast visa process,
- No need to make an investment in Portugal,
- Eligibility of the entire family members,
- Tax benefits via NHR (Non-Habitual Tax Regime)
- Access to the National Health Service Care,
- Permanent free entry and circulation in the Schengen area (26 countries),
- Portugal citizenship after 5 years,
- Access to the National Education service and school in Portugal,
- Access to vocational schooling in Portugal,
- Work as an independent professional in Portugal,
- Benefit from the Portuguese law and legal system.
Tax Benefits of Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa)
The holders of D7 Visa of Portugal can benefit from the Non- Habitual Tax (NHR) Regime. This generous tax program offers tax-free incentives on certain conditions for 10 years for the holders of Portuguese Passive Income Visa.
The following types of income can go under the NHR program:
- Real estate income,
- Occupational pensions,
- Capital gains from real estate disposal,
- Profits derived from eligible business or self-employment occupations.
Portugal Investment Opportunities
From 280,000 Euros
Covered: From 64.66 sqm
Covered: From 110 sqm – From 465.000 Euro
Covered: From 67 sqm – From 250.000 Euro
Investment of 350,000 Euro
Covered: From 38.76 Sqm – From 270,000 Euro
Covered: From 64 sqm
CBF’s high experienced offer you professional help on different Investments and how to obtain Portugal Residency and Portugal Passive Income Visa (D7 Visa). We customize the best solution for you and your family based on your specific situation and requirement. To get started please contact one of our advisers in the UAE, Denmark or Canada, we will do our outmost to guide you through your Portugal Residency Permit process.
Subscribe to this newsletter for the latest news on obtaining Portugal Residency by Investment
You have successfully joined our Portugal subscriber list.