UAE Golden Visa Rules Coming Into Effect From September 2022
As the UAE continues to make new changes following the COVID-19 pandemic, visas are a hot topic of discussion. In April, the UAE Cabinet approved a number of new visas as the country continues to welcome expatriates from around the world. The cabinet said in a statement from the media office: “The new system of entry and residence is aimed at attracting and retaining global talents and skilled workers.”
The UAE Golden Visa rules will come into force from next month, and many more visas will be granted from next month onwards. In this article, we will have an overview of the eligibility criteria under the new UAE Golden Visa rules, different types of long-term visas, and a review of the available job visas.
The UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICA) has previously announced that a new set of executive regulations on entry and long-term residence permits for expatriates will be officially implemented in September 2022. The new rules will increase the speed and accessibility of the 10-year Golden Visa and the 5-year Green Residency Visa, increasing the chances of obtaining entry permits and visas for visitors, relatives, tourists and job seekers wishing to reside in the UAE.
In addition, the new rules include a unified system and a new generation of long-stay visas with additional benefits aimed at attracting investors, entrepreneurs, highly skilled workers and self-employed residents.
Under the new rules, the long-term visa will extend additional benefits to family members residing in the country and extend the flexibility period up to 6 months after the expiration or cancellation of the stay.
UAE Green Visa Types
Green Visa includes three types of residence:
- Skilled workforce,
- Self-employees and
- Investors or partners, without needing a sponsor or employer.
The Green Visa replaces the previous residence which was only valid for two years. Eligibility criteria are also simpler and there are more benefits.
Some Highlights of the New UAE Residence Visa Rules
- While Golden Visa holders can sponsor their children regardless of age, Green Residency Visas allow residents to sponsor their children up to the age of 25. The previous law set the age of sponsored children up to 18 years. Unmarried girls and children, regardless of age, can remain under special long-term residence as long as the visa is valid.
- Residents who have received a Golden Visa no longer need to return to the UAE every six months to maintain their visa validity.
- Other new benefits on the Golden Residence Visa include removing the maximum number of support service workers – such as maids – who can enter under an employer’s visa. Additionally, in the event of the death of a Golden Visa holder, family members will be allowed to reside in the UAE for the duration of the residence visa.
- Based on the regulations established in this regard, the residence of Golden Visa includes scholars, specialists and exceptional talents.
- For people who are looking to explore job opportunities in the UAE, without the need for a sponsor or a host inside the country, a Specialized Job Explore Visa will be granted if the conditions specified in the new executive regulations are met.
- The new regulations for the entry and residence of foreigners in the country also aim to support the real estate sector, develop its share in the GDP and double real estate investment in the country.
- In line with these goals, real estate investors can get a Golden Residency Visa by purchasing a property worth $544,500 (2 million dirhams) or more. Under the new reforms, investors can also obtain Golden Residency when buying property with loans from certain local banks.
- Investors can also obtain a UAE Golden Residency Visa if purchasing one or more off-plan properties worth equal or less than $544,500 (AED 2 million) from approved local real estate companies.
For more information please contact one of our advisers in the UAE, Denmark, or Canada, we will do our utmost to answer your questions regarding the residency, citizenship and immigration processes.
If you have any questions or comments about Emirates Golden Visa, do not hesitate to share them with us in the comments section.
Your email address will not be published.