Investment in the World Leading Financial Center, the UK
The United Kingdom, particularly London, has traditionally been one of the world’s most influential financial centers. London Stock Exchange was founded in 1571, making it one of the oldest exchanges in the world. The UK’s economic freedom score is 78.9 out of 100, which makes its economy the 7th freest in 2019 and it is ranked 3rd among 44 countries in the Europe area. The ideal location, the world-class economy and business makes the United Kingdom a highly developed place for investment. There is a simple and fast track to invest in the UK. It offers the Investor visa (Tier1) to high net worth individuals.
UK Tier1 Requirements
You can request for an Investor visa (Tier 1) if:
- You are 18 or older
- You want to invest £2 million or more in the UK,
- You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland,
- You have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your funds,
- You are able to prove where the money came from if you’ve had the money for less than 2 years,
- You are able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your partner. While your funds must be:
- held in one or more regulated financial institutions,
- disposable in the UK.
Under this route, the applicants will not need to show English language proficiency.
Your family dependents including your partner and your child under 18 can accompany you to the UK. They must obtain a visa if they are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Processing Time & Fees
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. A decision will be made within 8 weeks of the application date under standard service. If the application is complex, they will request for supporting documents or an interview. In this case, the process will take longer.
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months. Of course, you can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
To apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa, the applicant must pay £1,623 processing fee which is the same for extending or switching visas, or applying as a family member.
What you can do
If you obtain UK Tier1 visa, you can:
- Work or study in the UK,
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million,
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million,
- Apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £2 million.
United Kingdom’s privileges:
The UK is the gateway to the EU market,
- It has the strongest ICT infrastructure in the world,
- It is the seventh largest exporter of merchandise,
- And the UK is the second largest exporter of commercial services worldwide.
Note that the world’s top capitalists, the United State and Japan are the business partners of the UK. This European developed country has an exemplary education system and notable welfare and living facilities. You can take advantage of the international business environment and high standards of life in the UK.
For more information, please contact one of our advisors in UAE, Denmark or Canada, and we will do our outmost to guide you through your Investor Visa process.