St. Kitts and Nevis $150,000 Investment option has been Extended
St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program is one of the oldest which was established in 1984 attracting foreigners, who make a substantial contribution to the development of the country. The Program allows an investor to apply for citizenship for himself or herself in an application along with any family members including children whether biological or adopted, parents, parents-in-law, and grandparents, and the applicant has been recently allowed to add siblings, too. All applicants can be qualified for citizenship through investment, either by making a donation or investing in real estate.
The passport of St. Kitts is an excellent second passport for visa-free travel to over 157+ countries in Europe, Caribbean. The processing time of applications takes on average 90 days from the date of submission.
The latest changes in St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program during Covid-19 pandemic
St. Kitts and Nevis’s citizenship by investment program is fully operational even during the Covid-19 pandemic in 2021. Applications filed online by agents are now accepted by the Citizenship unit of the country.
Covid-19 discount offered by St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
The program is so dynamic and continues that can respond to the changing global environment. The Cabinet of St. Kitts and Nevis Government has announced the extension of a limited time USD 45,000 discount to families from July 2021. The sustainable growth funds contribution is reduced to USD 150,000 (from USD 195,000) for families of 4 or more.
No changes are imposed to pricing for single applicants or for investing in real estate.
According to the new regulations, the main applicant can also add siblings to the family application by meeting the following conditions:
- Less than 30 years old,
- Must be unmarried and have no children.
Other Important Changes:
- St. Kitts committed to expanding the visa waiver program with more countries and has recently signed visa waiver to Mexico, Georgia, and Albania,
- St. Kitts has tightened application checks and implemented biometric and fingerprinting requirements from applicants,
- No requirement for taking oath from applicants,
- The amount of real estate investment option reduced to $200,000 and must be held for 7 years,
- St. Kitts issues biometric e-passport valid for 10 years under the CBI program.
Investment options for St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship (passport)
To be qualified for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis and Nevis under its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, there are two direct options:
1- Non-refundable Donation to Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF):
The fund will benefit St. Kitts and Nevis in sustainable areas such as healthcare, education, alternative energy, heritage, infrastructure, tourism and culture, climate change and resilience, and the promotion of indigenous entrepreneurship.
The contribution requirements under SGF are:
- Main Applicant: USD 150,000 one time non-refundable contribution,
- Family of Four: USD 195,000 (spouse, main applicant, 2 children) reduced to USD 150,000 due to Covid-19 conditions,
- Additional family dependents: USD 10,000 (regardless of age).
And other fees.
2-Real Estate investment:
- US$ 200,000 in real estate held for seven years before resale.
- US$ 400,000 in real estate held for five years before resale.
And other fees.
Note: St. Christopher (Kitts) and Nevis’s passport is valid for 10 years. It is renewable after that.
The newest investment option in St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
In April 2021, St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Unit introduced a new option, named “The Sale of Private Homes”, by which an investor can apply for citizenship. This offer is only accessible until 1st November 2022.
This new option allows investors to purchase homes as the qualifying investment for citizenship. After obtaining citizenship, the investors and their families can relocate to St. Kitts and Nevis, move into their new homes and enjoy all the benefits of the country’s citizenship. If the investors don’t want to use the property for their personal use, they can rent it and enjoy its income. The applicants are not allowed to sell the property for at least 5 years.
The requirements under this option include:
- The home must have an appraised value in excess of $400,000 excluding the land,
- The property shall be sold to one investor,
- Full ownership of the property will be legally transferred to the investor and a Certificate of Title duly registered in the Land Registry will be issued in the name of the investor.
Benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship (Passport)
- Fast Processing time between 6 – 8 months,
- Visa-free travel to over 157 countries, including the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Schengen area, and India,
- Possibility to include children below 30 (If financially dependent and are full-time students),
- Possibility to include the parents,
- Free movement in the CARICOM,
- Benefit the healthcare system and hospitals,
- No residency or personal visit to St. Kitts and Nevis is needed,
- Dual citizenship benefits,
- Easy citizenship for your family members,
- Citizenship is lifetime,
- No force to prove your business, source of Income, education, English language, and interview,
- Tax-free _ no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax,
- Secrecy of bank’s system,
- No force to conscription.
If you wish to invest in St. Kitts and Nevis, please contact one of our advisors in UAE, Denmark, or Canada, and we will do our utmost to guide you to choose the best Citizenship by Investment program.
Do not hesitate to relay your comments below, if you have any experiences or any questions relating to St. Kitts and Nevis’ CIP.