Which Country is the Best for Obtaining a Second Citizenship?
The past year has been a difficult one for everyone, and the opportunities for work, life and investment have been limited. But promising news is coming from all over the world, and with the start of the global vaccination against covid-19, the boom in the investment market is increasing day by day. In a way, even last year caused a positive change in the process of reviewing investment applications because most of the procedure was conducted online.
While wishing a better and more beautiful year to the esteemed companions and clients of Cross Border Freedom Company, today we intend to answer the most common question among foreign investment applicants. The question that many investors have in mind is: in which region is it “better” to make a foreign investment and from which country is it reasonable to obtain a second passport. The “best” investment program for a second citizenship is a program that is closer to the investors’ objectives, and these goals can include the following:
- More security,
- Affordable cost,
- Return on investment,
- Fast Process of passport issuance,
- Offering a variety of investment methods,
- Profit from tax incentives and deduction,
- Welfare facilities and quality of life in the destination country,
- and the possibility of traveling freely to large countries with advanced economies.
Today we are going to introduce you the countries offering the second passport according to the geographical classification.
Which European country offers Second Passport?
The European Union is the center of economic exchange and international trade and is considered as the linking point between America, Africa and Asia. Europe is a green continent, and therefore is a great choice for immigrate, while it also allows entrepreneurs and managers to expand their businesses in the world financial centers.
You should note that a European passport is not easily accessible. Until last year, the only country that was directly issuing passports to investors was Cyprus. The Cyprus citizenship by investment program has now been suspended for amendments. Right now, by making an investment in Portugal and Greece and obtaining a European Golden Visa, you can get a valid European passport after a period of 5 to 7 years.
- Portugal is known for its tourist attractions in Europe, and Lisbon, the Portuguese capital, is the closest European capital to the United States. You can get a residence permit in Portugal by investing 280,000 euros in real estate. If you want to become a Portuguese citizen, you can also apply after 5 years of residence. To invest in Portugal you can see Portugal luxury hotel project. Another attractive program offered by country is Portugal Passive Income Visa.
- Greece is well-known for having sunny days all around the year. Eager tourists and investors from the European countries are willing to live near its brilliant and sunny beaches. You must make a minimum investment of 250,000 euros in Greece’s properties in order to be eligible for Greece Golden Visa. After 7 years of residency in this country, Greece citizenship will be awarded to you following certain conditions.
Is the US a good option for second citizenship?
The United States has no specific program to issue a US passport directly through an investment. The Caribbean region, is the closest area to the United States if you plan to apply for a second residency and citizenship. The Caribbean region is mainly a chain of developing islands. These small countries are moving towards economies and financial growth. Therefore, they are accepting foreign investment from all over the world. Dominica is offering one of the oldest second passport programs.
- Dominica offers one of the most affordable programs in the Caribbean. Dominica citizenship can only be obtained by US $ 100,000 contribution to the government. The waiting time to receive a Dominica passport is between 4 to 6 months. Upon the receipt of passport, you will be able to travel without a visa to more than 140 countries, including Schengen states.
- Grenada is also one of the leading islands in the Caribbean, and its economy is particularly dependent on tourism, agriculture, St. George’s Medical University, and domestic and foreign investment. Same as Dominica, there are two ways to invest and obtain Grenada citizenship one of which is $ 150,000 contribution method which will give you a Grenada passport. It ranks 35th in the world in terms of passport strength.
The St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship program has also attracted a large number of applicants in recent years by offering investment discounts once in a way. There is also the possibility of adding family members to the application. There are also two other islands in the Caribbean which have attractive second citizenship programs namely St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda.
Do Oceania and Australia also offer a second citizenship program?
Australia always has attractive immigration programs but no second passport program. In the Pacific, there is a small tourist island that offers a citizenship program through investment.
- Vanuatu is located in the South Pacific Ocean near Australia. Vanuatu is known as one of the fastest citizenship programs considering its 2 to 3 months processing time. With a contribution of at least $ 130,000, the Vanuatu passport will be in your hands. We are pleased that in 2020, with the trust of our esteemed clients and relying on the experience of our lawyers and consultants, we recorded successful applications of Vanuatu passport in our portfolio.
Is any country in Asia putting forward Citizenship by investment program?
Perhaps it sounds strange if in Asia any country offers a second passport program; because the investors from the Middle East or Asia are more likely to invest in European and American countries. But it should be well noted that for many investors, the ease of travel to the destination country and the dominant religion of the country is important.
- Turkey ranks first in Asia in terms of investment attractiveness for obtaining a second passport. Investing in Turkish real estate is also very popular among Iranians, because it is easy to reach the capital city of this beautiful country with a three-hour flight and take advantage of its European facilities. It is possible to obtain Turkish citizenship in just 6 to 8 months after investment. You can get Turkish citizenship by investing $250,000 in Turkish luxury real estate projects.
We choose the “best” for you. You can get your second passport or golden visa in the coming new century, with just one free consultation session!
We hope that the year 1400 will be a year full of blessings and health for you with personal and financial achievement!
For more information on citizenship by investment programs, please contact one of our consultants in the UAE, Denmark or Canada, we will accompany you to make the best investments and get a second passport for yourself and your family.
If you have any questions or comments on how to obtain a Golden Visa, Second Passport or Citizenship through Investment, you can share them with us in the comments section.