UAE Citizenship, Key to Living in the Middle East Paradise
Since becoming a major economic powerhouse and hub for global trade during the last two decades, the UAE Citizenship has been sought after both internationally and regionally. Many famous brands have been located their international offices in Dubai and the UAE has been changed into an international aviation and maritime trade hub.
Being a member of numerous alliances and international trade agreements, the UAE has started to emerge as a new regional power and developed economy in the near future.
So if you plan to build your future it in the workplace of tomorrow and enjoy your life with your family in a country with first-class facilities, you should know that the UAE will soon be the paradise of the Middle East.
Emirati citizenship with the aim of country’s development
UAE is one of the richest countries in the world. Foreign residents make up more than 80% of the population of the UAE which have contributed their wealth and talents for the development of the country. The UAE government is totally aware of the efforts these professionals have done for the progress of the country.
In November 2020, the government announced the amendments to the Golden Visa Policies to attract more investors and professionals. The UAE’s 10-year golden visa was a step towards attracting talents to the country.
UAE Passport, a Gift to the Foreign Specialists and Investors
Emirates has been long considered as a second home to many international professionals. But they lacked a clear vision and roadmap to citizenship, including if they were born and raised in the country or worked there for several years.
It is worth mentioning that, before the amendments in the citizenship law, obtaining the citizenship of Emirates was extremely hard. Receiving UAE citizenship was possible only if your father were a UAE citizen or you married a UAE citizen.
For the first time, the UAE intends to grant UAE citizenship to non-UAE individuals with considerable wealth or expertise,
The citizenship will be granted to the families of the professionals as well.
Today, this news promises a worry-free future full of business success for professionals and foreign investors. Having an Emirati passport means freedom of travel and possibility of living and working in a rich and developing country.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, approved the amendments and declared that the Citizenship will be nominated to those eligible under clear criteria set for each category. The very promising option is that:
The receivers of the UAE passport are allowed to keep their existing citizenship.
This new law, aims to appreciate the talents, expertise and competencies present in the UAE and attract more elites to the Emirati community in a way that will contribute to the development of the country.
Eligibility criteria to obtain UAE citizenship considering the new law
The new UAE’s citizenship law outlined different categories of eligible residents and offers several benefits, including the right to establish or own commercial entities and properties.
This group of people includes:
- Investors: it is necessary that they own a property in the UAE.
- Doctors and Scientists: They need to be qualified enough in a unique scientific field while their discipline is highly in demand in the UAE. Other requirements follow:
- Scientific contributions, studies and research of scientific value,
- Practical experience for at least 10 years,
- Having considerable achievements such as winning a prestigious scientific award during the past 10 years,
- Membership in a reputable organization in their field of specialization,
- Obtaining a recommendation letter from recognized scientific institutions in the UAE.
- Inventors: They must obtain one or more patents that are approved by the UAE Ministry of Economy. In addition, they must provide a recommendation letter from the Economy Ministry.
- Creative talents: Artists and intellectuals required to win at least one international award and be a pioneer in a relevant field. A recommendation letter from related government entities is mandatory as well.
There are no further details available about the UAE citizenship criteria. For more information on this topic, please follow our future posts.
If you want to get more information about the countries offering second citizenship, please contact one of our experienced consultants in UAE, Denmark or Canada, and we will do our utmost to guide you through your citizenship process.
Please feel free to relay your comment below, if you have any questions.