Let’s Learn More About Montenegro, Small European Country
If you haven’t heard the name of Montenegro, maybe it’s interesting for you to know about this small country in Europe. Montenegro is located in southeastern Europe and the Balkan sea and it is bordered by Bosnia, Kosovo, Serbia and Albania. The Democratic Party of Socialists of Montenegro has been formed since 1990, and the main religion of Montenegro is Christianity. Furthermore, its currency is Euro.
Montenegro Citizenship by investment program has been launched in 2018 and it is known as a reliable country for investment all around the world.
Why invest in Montenegro?
Montenegro is one of the fast-growing tourist destinations, and it is one of the reasons that attracts people’s attentions. Montenegro’s property prices are poised to rise during past recent years, amidst growing property demand and a flourishing tourism sector.
There are several reasons that make investment popular in Montenegro, here are some of them:
- Obtaining Montenegro citizenship: It is possible for foreign investors to gain Montenegro passport by investing in one of the several government approved real estate development projects.
- Low property tax: Annual property taxes range between 0.25% and 1%. The owner or the person who has used the property is liable for this tax bill. And the buyer of real estate property in Montenegro, should pay a flat 3% as a transfer tax. Note that the rate is different once a newly constructed house is being sold.
- Earn revenue on the property: Due to the increase in the number of tourists, one of the most prosperous markets in this country is the real estate market, which is popular in two aspects. One in terms of its reasonable price and the other in terms of the possibility of renting the property. Foreign investors can rent the property when they are not living in Montenegro.
- International airports: Montenegro has two international airports, and 4 local airports in the main cities that make it easy for international passengers to visit the country.
- Moderate climate: This small country has a favorable climate diversity, and holiday makers can enjoy the pleasant Mediterranean climate in summer, and the cold and snowy mountains in winter.
Which cities are most welcomed among tourists and investors?
As it is mentioned above, Montenegro’s climate diversity is one of its tourist attractions, travelers can enjoy natural parks, mountains and hiking trails, sandy beaches and ski resorts in the north of the country.
There are plenty of fabulous places to visit in Montenegro:
- Bay of Kotor is doubtlessly one of the most beautiful bays in the world. It contains ancient stone houses, seafront villas, modern villas and modern apartment buildings. Kotor is one of the stunning attractions in Montenegro. Kotor has been made a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Perast: It is a stunning place, with its Italian-style churches and palaces, although the prices are more expensive than other areas. They call it a Mini-Venice!
- Tivat: the city with fashionable and luxury hotels, condos, upscale boutiques and seaside dinning. The town is easy to navigate on foot and is short drive from Kotor.
- Budva: Budva riviera, is the coastal area around Budva and is the center of Montenegrin tourism, which is famous for its well-preserved medieval walled city, sandy beaches and diverse nightlife.
- Podgorica: Besides being the capital city of Montenegro, Podgorica is also the country’s largest city, with relatively new, modern buildings, green spaces and parks, having a population of approximately 200,000 people.
The above mentioned cities are important in terms of tourism. In case you plan to achieve the Montenegro’s passport by investment, please note that you can just invest in government’s approved projects in specific areas.
Different ways to invest in Montenegro for obtaining citizenship
There are several possibilities to achieve Montenegrin passport:
- Non Refundable Donation of 100,000 Euro to the government + Investment in below projects approved by the Government:
- 250,000 Euro in an undeveloped region (north of the country),
- 450,000 Euro in a developed region (South of the country).
- Invest in primary agricultural production: € 2 million + create at least 10 jobs.
- Invest in wood processing: €4 million + employ at least 20 people.
- Invest in Fisheries: €3.5 million in fisheries and processing products + employ 20 people.
- Invest in five star hotels and resorts (tourism developments): Minimum € 5 million + employ at least 25 employees + 35 accommodation units.
If you apply for Montenegro Citizenship today, you can enjoy a fast process of 5-6 months. By obtaining Montenegro Passport, you will have access to over 120 countries without a visa. This country accepts dual citizenship and there are no language test requirements. It is above all, an outstanding holiday destination.
Our advisers in UAE, Denmark or Canada will provide you with online telephone or video counseling and we will do our utmost to guide you through your Montenegro citizenship by investment process.
Do not hesitate to relay your comments below, if you have any experiences or any questions relating to the process investment in Montenegro.
Your email address will not be published.