Breaking News: Suspension of Cyprus Citizenship Program
Only two weeks remain till the suspension of the popular Cyprus citizenship by investment program.
The news was published by the government yesterday, and now everyone is talking about it.
Although there is little time left to file your application, you can still apply for a European passport if you have all your documents ready. We can send your application in the remaining.
Two Investment Programs in Cyprus
Cyprus currently offers two attractive investment programs for interested investors:
- If you can invest two million euros in Cyprus real estate, you can get a valid European passport in just six months. But according to the latest news, only if you submit your application before November 2020 you will receive Cyprus Passport.
- If you wish to achieve permanent residency in Cyprus, you can apply for a Cyprus Golden Visa with a minimum investment of €300,000. Please note that the Cyprus Permanent Residence Program is not open to all nationalities.
Cyprus joined the European Union in 2004 and has a growing economy; moreover, it offers investment schemes to non-European investors. Therefore, many investors from the Middle East and Asia are interested in receiving a European passport from this developing and beautiful island.
Although one can be optimistic that the Cypriot government will introduce an alternative program soon, if you think about your business development and long-term prosperity and profitability, you can consider other citizenship programs as well.
Which countries offer citizenship programs through investment?
Few countries offer programs for obtaining a passport through investment. Of course, each has its specific requirements, while the facilities given to the investor are diverse. Here are some of the top programs in terms of popularity among investors:
Caribbean CBI Programs
Getting citizenship from Caribbean countries is popular. These countries are small islands near America and have good relations with the region’s top powers, including the United States and Canada. These countries are among the first countries to offer citizenship programs.
- Dominica: is famous for the speed of processing the applications and ease of citizenship services. In the heart of the Caribbean, this green island welcomes the investors who plan to invest a minimum amount of $100,000. The country has introduced a new program called the Dominica Entrepreneur Visa Program, which will start working soon.
- St. Kitts and Nevis: It is one of the most stunning islands in the Caribbean, with one of the oldest citizenship by investment programs. There is currently a particular investment option, which is valid until December 2020, including an investment of $150,000 for a family of four.
- Grenada: Compared to other programs in the region, the Grenada Citizenship through Investment is a young program launched in August 2013. Obtaining a Grenada passport is possible by paying at least $150,000 as government contribution or investing $ 220,000 in real estate.
European Citizenship Programs
If you want to know about other possibilities to obtain European citizenship besides the Cyprus Investment Program, the two major European passport issuing countries are:
- Malta: is an island in southern Europe close to Italy with a pleasant Mediterranean climate. To obtain Maltese/European Citizenship, you have to provide the combined financial requirement, applicable government charges and citizenship application fees, under EUR 900,000.
- Bulgaria: is a member of the European Union since 2007 and has a promising future given its ideal geographical location in Southeast Europe. To obtain Bulgarian citizenship, you must purchase $ 550,000 government bonds.
As can be seen, the amount of investment is different in each country. Of course, each passports’ strength, the level of welfare services received, and the investors’ purpose is also varied. If you have decided to apply for second citizenship and you are unfamiliar with the process, all you need to do is contact our experienced consultants to get the necessary guidance to make the right choice. Planning, along with professional advice, will get you to your desired destination.
Take full advantage of these available opportunities!
For more information, please contact one of our advisors in UAE, Denmark or Canada, and we will do our utmost to guide you through your investment process of obtaining your Second Citizenship by Investment.
If you have any questions about Residency by Investment Process, please feel free to relay your comment below.